CURRICULUM CODE: 19
The textile industry is in a period of rapid and revolutionary modernization and automation in India. The engineers graduated in Textile Engineering are equipped with the knowledge of the behavior of textile materials and the functions of machinery in textile and clothing technologies. Textile Engineering deals with the application of scientific and engineering principles to the design and control of all aspects of fiber, textile, and apparel processes, products, and machinery.Daffodil Polytechnic Institute is one of the top ranking Private Polytechnic Institute it provides an excellent environment for the students to promote their knowledge and explore new ideas.
They are employed in departments of textile plants and companies varying from small to big scale, i.e., production, planning, quality control, sales or marketing or in agencies of domestic or foreign companies for textile products and textile machinery, concentrated in different regions of the country.
DURATION & ASSESSMENT:
Diploma in Textile Engineering is a 4-year long program consisting of 8 semesters (1 Semester = 6 months). The final and the midterm exams of each semester is conducted under the supervision of the Bangladesh Technical Education Board (BTEB). All the exams question, answer script checking and final results are published by the BTEB. Besides this, each student has to attend the regular class test, quiz test, and semester final project. After the successful completion, a student will receive a Diploma in Engineering certificate from BTEB.
The Admission procedure starts after the SSC results. There is mainly one session in a year. Students have to follow the admission announcement which is given by the Bangladesh Technical Education Board Authority. Usually, the admission procedure starts after May (depending on the SSC Result).
Textile designers work for large and small textile manufacturers and retailers or may set up
their own design studio.
• Work may take place in office studios in a company environment, cooperative groups
sharing resources, SOHS (small office home office) small business premises.
• Textile designers may work on their own, as part of a team or monitor the work of others.
• The work of individual designers is promoted at industry and graduate shows, design
organisations and via the web.
• Opportunities exist to travel both within Australia and overseas for work.
• Textile designers work in close cooperation with fashion, graphic, interior and automotive
designers and marketing and sales teams.
• Some textile designers have established successful fashion houses.
• Business management skills are essential fo